Right after telling the story I handed out paper and asked you each to draw your interpretation of the cave. This was not a time to discuss the meaning behind the story, only to process silently your thoughts and feelings about the allegory.
1. Who is in the cave? only knowing parts of the truth
2. What is in the cave? darkness, tying not to grow as a person and be better
3. Where are these people in the cave? people living a life without thinking
4. What is going on in the cave? Going along with everyone even if you want to do something else
5. Can this cave be applied to the modern day setting? Yes, people still live like this all the time, a lot of people do not want to grow and learn more
7. Why does the escapee want to return? He wants to tell people what is really going on.
Next Week: Knowing myself.